Day tours from Cairo to Aswan itinerary
In the Early Morning, you will be transferred by an Egypt Promotion Travel representative from your Hotel in Cairo to Cairo International Airport.
Fly to Abu Simbel by domestic flight via Aswan.
- Upon arrival at Abu Simbel Airport Egypt promotion Egyptologist tour guide will meet you who will be waiting for you there holding a sign of your name.
- Start your amazing Aswan day tours by Abu Simbel Temples: which is located on the western bank of Lake Nasser and it's about 230 km southwest of Aswan near the border with Sudan.
It's a set of two temples, it was constructed for the pharaoh Ramses II and the other for his own beautiful wife Nefertari. It was built in 1255 BC and it was rediscovered two hundred years ago.
The larger temple is dedicated to three major Egyptian goddesses and features four large statues of Ramses II on its facade, while the smaller temple is dedicated to the love goddess Hathor, with statues designed for his beloved wife Nefertari.
- Finish the visit and fly to Aswan by domestic flight.
- Upon arrival, the Egypt Promotion Travel Egyptologist tour guide will pick you up from the airport and start to explore the rest of Egypt excursions in Aswan by visiting:
- Philae Temple: this is dedicated to the goddess Isis and it's a temple that tells one of the most famous Egyptian myths about Isis and how she brought her beloved husband back to life, the birth of her son Horus and the mummification of Osiris after death.
The temple was moved to a small island called Agilika after building the High Dam to preserve it from the flood and originally it was built during the reign of Ptolemy II (Egypt's Greco-Roman Period).
There were obelisks in front of the temple in the past which were removed by British Consul Henry Salt in 1918 and are now in a garden in Dorset, England.
- The High Dam: It's a rock-fill dam located at the northern border between Egypt and Sudan which is considered an engineering miracle to protect Egypt from annual floods from the Nile as construction for the project began in 1960 and was completed in 1968. It was officially inaugurated in 1971 and measures 111m in height, 3,830m in length, and has a base width of 980m. The spillway has a discharge capacity of 11,000m³ a second.
- A Felucca Ride: in the River Nile around Aghakhan and Elephantine Islands (Not including the visit).
- Finish your tour then move to Aswan Airport to travel back to Cairo by domestic flight.
- Arrive at Cairo International Airport, meet our representative, and transfer back to your hotel in Cairo. If you need to visit more attractions in Cairo check the Cairo day tours itineraries.
NB: In case of pick up from 06th of October Areas, there is a supplement of $10 per person would apply.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Meet and assisted upon arrival and departure at Airports.
- Round trip tansport by private Air condition vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place.
- Private Qualified Egyptologist guide (Other Language by request German, Chinese, Italian, Russian, and Spanish with additional fees).
- 02 small bottles of mineral water per person for the day.
- All Taxes and service charge.
- Round-trip domestic flight tickets.
- Entry Fees of any sites didn't mention in the itinerary.
- Food nor Beverage
- Tipping nor any extras not mentioned in the itinerary nor Personal expenses.
- Except for the dates 22 Feb and 22 Oct every year